On May 1st, the Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) will begin resurfacing approximately two miles of WIS 32, from 5 Mile Road to the WIS 31/WIS 32 split in the village of Caledonia. As a part of this project, spot sections of reconstruction are needed along WIS 32 at the intersection of 5 Mile Road and 6 Mile Road, as well as for the replacement of two box culverts.
- Two-mile resurfacing of WIS 32
- Roadway widening along 6 Mile Road between WIS 31 and WIS 32
- Intersection improvements at 5 Mile Road, 6 Mile Road and WIS 31
- New traffic signal installed at the intersection of WIS 31 and WIS 32
- Two new box culverts installed near Matthew Lane and Harvest Lane
Access During Construction
To minimize traffic impacts, the project will be constructed in stages. Access for local traffic to and from residences and businesses within the work zone will remain open at all times. Also, access for the residents along 6 Mile Road east of WIS 32 will also remain open at all times, by utilizing the triangle intersections of 6 Mile Road, WIS 31, and WIS 32. For certain phases of the project, short detours will be posted for non-local traffic along nearby WIS 31 and 4 Mile Road.
The contractor, Payne & Dolan, Inc., is planning on completing the $6 million project by this fall. The schedule of work is weather dependent and subject to change.
More information can be found on the project website here.