Wednesday second-floor structure fire quickly contained, causes $20K in damages

Racine Fire Department crews responded Wednesday morning to a structure fire at 1411 Grand Ave.

A second-floor occupant of the building called 911 after seeing smoke coming from the living room. An RFD release said the caller and the rest of the occupants of the building had exited the structure before RFD units arrived on the scene.

Firefighters quickly contained the fire to the second story exterior wall and attic space. Red Cross officials will work to help house the occupants while the owner makes necessary repairs. The Fire Department estimated damages at $20,000.

Does your family have a plan to escape a second floor fire?

About Rex Davenport 361 Articles
Rex Davenport is a reporter, editor and editorial project manager with more than 40 years of experience in newspaper, business magazines and other content channels.