It’s that time again. 2019 is in full swing and the Downtown Racine Corporation is now accepting nominations for the 2018 Achievement Awards. These awards showcase individuals, businesses or organizations that have demonstrated their commitment to advancing the strength and vigor of downtown Racine this past year.
The categories for this year’s awards are as follows:
- Downtown Showcase Award – An event, person, or organization that has enticed visitors and residents to visit downtown and has improved the overall image of downtown.
- Corporate Citizenship Award – An individual who has taken steps to provide service to and improve downtown.
- Best New Small Business Award – A new retail shop, gallery, or restaurant that has helped improve downtown.
- Downtown Champion Award – A business or organization that has helped support downtown through employment, facilities, and sponsorship.
- CPR Award – Spearheaded the redevelopment of a downtown building or property that has reinvigorated the downtown area.
“These awards are a great opportunity for the DRC to showcase the people and businesses that have passion and vision for our downtown.” – Kelly Kruse, DRC Executive Director
Visit racinedowntown.com or email [email protected] to submit a nomination. The winners will be announced at the Downtown Racine Corporation’s annual meeting and Achievement Award presentation on Thursday, January 24 at 5:00 p.m. at the Johnson Building Learning and Development Center (555 Main St.). The presentation agenda will consist of reflections on 2018 accomplishments, what’s to come in 2019 and the announcement of 2018’s Downtown Achievement winners.
The 2017 Achievement Award winners were as follows:
- Downtown Showcase Award – Tony Bigonia
- Corporate Citizenship Award – GLR Law Firm and Indian Motorcycle of Racine
- Best New Small Business Award – The Nash
- Downtown Champion Award – Jim Venturini
- CPR Award – Butcher & Barrel Gastropub
Read our other stories here: