The 2017 Kiwanis Clubs holiday ornament is now on sale for $10 throughout the Racine area. This year’s design features the Triathlon, a major summer event held along the lakeshore since 2002.
Proceeds from the ornament sales go toward the Kiwanis Holiday of Lights display at the Racine Zoo, 2131 N Main St. The lights may be viewed each evening from Nov. 12 through Dec. 31 along North Main Street.
The Holiday of Lights is a community activity of the area’s three Kiwanis Clubs – the Kiwanis Club of Racine, the Kiwanis Club of West Racine and the Kiwanis Club of Greater Racine. Volunteers maintain, set up and take down the elaborate display that stretches for several blocks. Among the most popular display features are a lighted waterfall, a steamboat, a train, various zoo animals and Santa Claus.
The annual display is funded by donations and the sale of a custom designed ornament. Previous ornament designs since 1999 have included the Wind Point Lighthouse, North Beach, the Fourth Fest Parade, Kringle, Frank Lloyd Wright-designed architecture and the Holiday of Lights.
The 2017 Kiwanis ornament may be purchased ($10, cash preferred) at these locations:
* Castlewood Restaurant, 2811 Wisconsin St., Sturtevant
* Catrine’s Barber Shop, 1658 N. Main St.
* CRB Insurance, 500 Wisconsin Ave.
* Dover Flag & Map, 323 Main St.
* Lee’s True Value Hardware, 1950 Taylor Ave.
* Racine Heritage Museum, 701 Main St.
* Real Racine Visitor Center, 14015 Washington Ave. (Hwy. 20), Yorkville
* Sew ‘n Save, 3701 Durand Ave.
* Sausage Kitchen, 1706 Rapids Drive.
* Victory Lane Car Wash, 5310 Washington Ave.
Limited quantities of past years’ ornaments are also available. For more information, contact Ollie Nielsen at 262-412-5746.