Kitchen fire causes $20,000 in damage to home

Racine Fire Department

No one was injured in a house fire caused by a stove that started on fire at a residence located at 2404 Hayes Avenue.

Firefighters with the Racine Fire Department responded to the home at 8:34 p.m. Thursday.

When they arrived, light smoke billowed from the east door of the home. Using a pressurized water extinguisher, firefighters put out the fire. A microwave, kitchen cabinets, and stove were damaged.

Damage to the home is estimated at $20,000. The home was turned over to the homeowner.


Since you’re here…

SubscribeWe have a favor to ask. We want access to our stories to remain free for everyone, so we haven’t put up a paywall to block our content. But we need your help! Producing our content requires lots of hard work and money, but we believe it’s 100% worth it and so we’re inviting you to support our mission by funding it.

Also, Racine County Eye received an investigative journalism grant from the Local Independent Online News publishers’ association and the Ethics & Excellence in Journalism Foundation. Now we are looking for our community to match this $1,500 grant. Please consider making your contribution today at either $5, $10 or $20/month. We’ve got goodies galore for you too. Interested, click here.


Also, if you are looking for summer fun, check out Kraut Music Fest, which is set for June 8, 9, and 10.

About Denise Lockwood 3174 Articles
Denise Lockwood has an extensive background in traditional and non-traditional media. She has written for Patch.com, the Milwaukee Business Journal, Milwaukee Magazine and the Kenosha News.