Are you looking to work for a company with a small family feel AND a big company responsibility?
The Willkomm Companies is a local family-owned and operated company serving southeastern Wisconsin since 1946. We are a company of about 225 diverse employees. Come work for a company that has a strong promote from within philosophy and grow with us.
Our locations include:
• Willkomm’s on Spring, Rocket Wash and The Dish Restaurant – Racine
• Jerry Willkomm Inc. (JWI) Mobil Distributor – Somers & Lake Geneva
• Willkomm’s Oasis Mobil and The Dish Restaurant – Oak Creek
• Willkomm’s Washington Avenue Mobil and BOSS Burgers-N-Beef – Racine
• Willkomm’s PETRO of Racine, Iron Skillet Restaurant and TA Truck Service – Racine
• Willkomm’s Sports Plaza Mobil – Kenosha
Report to the owner. Responsible for all areas of human resources. The position manages payroll, record keeping, benefits, staffing, training, performance management, terminations, unemployment, and driver safety/FMCSA regulations.
• Administer and distribute payroll biweekly. Update employee files in system. Maintain child support and other employee garnishments. Maintain Driver files.
• Responsible for company-wide recruiting efforts: post jobs, maintains online Applicant Tracking & Onboarding Platform, assist Division Leaders with any pre-screening interviews.
• Maintain all employee benefits: health insurance, HRA, life & disability insurance, 401K retirement plan.
• Handle all unemployment insurance claims and communicate with Division Leaders. Respond to all correspondence for unemployment, employment and wage verifications.
• Communicate daily with Division Leaders. Assist with any performance/corrective action issues.
• Assist in the development and implementation of human resources policies and procedures and their dissemination through employee handbooks, other communications, and/or meetings.
• Recommend and administer recognition and incentive programs.
• Perform personnel audits and orientations for new hires. Maintains current employee database and visual organizational chart.
• Responsible for developing and conducting company-wide training classes – both online & in person.
• Develop, recommend, implement, and maintain personnel policies and procedures that comply with State and Federal laws and are consistent with corporate philosophy and core values.
• Stay current on government regulations affecting company policies and human resources practices.
Bachelor\’s degree (BA) from four-year college or university; or four or more years related experience of administering HR to 100+ employees and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have knowledge of principles and procedures for recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, employee relations and HR information systems and laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations or agency rules.
Must be self-motivated, organized, maintain a positive attitude and professional behavior when interacting with potential recruits and co-workers. Must have efficient multi-tasking and time management skills. You may be asked by your leader to perform other duties that are not listed above. You will be evaluated, in part, on your performance of the tasks. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
· Advancement Opportunities
· Flexible Scheduling
· 401K Savings Plan with Employer Match (1000 hrs)
· Bonus Programs
· Employee Recognition Themed Christmas Party
· Health Insurance (FT)
· Life Insurance (FT)
· Employee Recognition
· Paid Training
· Dental/Vision Reimbursement (FT)
· Short & Long Term Disability (FT)
· Gym Membership Reimbursement Program
· Willkomm’s PERX Program
– Discounts on Fuel, Food & Wash
Sponsored by Willkomm’s